Friday, October 1, 2010

Cocktails in Charleston

October is here! Autumn has come to Charleston! Time to switch from the Iced to the Regular coffee at Kudu, time to think about making some other changes, too. You know I love me some gin and tonic, but with summer fading away with the last of the Tanqueray 10 it seems like a new cocktail is in order.

I'd heard last year that my friend Pam was on the lookout for a winter cocktail, and thought at the time that was a great idea... And I've got my boyfriend's trusty copy of the New International Bartender's Guide, 1984 edition (which - side-rant - 'boyfriend' sounds as if we've been on an extended date - and that's sweet, but infantilizing, and it's not like I can use Dear Husband / DH in South Carolina for the foreseeable future, so I'm going to go with Dear Partner / DP from here on out).

So here's the goal: I'll work my way through the Guide, start to finish, maybe 3 or 4 drinks a week, commenting as I go. Some substitutions allowed? Probably! What do I know about cocktails? Not much! But I'll soon know more...

No comments:

Post a Comment